Hi List,

        I saw the same question on linux-Poweredge mailing list. Thought
to forward the same to this list. I tried getting these values on a
PE2950 box and faced the same issue.

How can I enable (or can I?) CPU temperature reporting via IPMI on a
Poweredge 1950.
Processor is "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5365  @ 3.00GHz".

I see the value for ambient temperature OK but everything else is
disabled:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mail]# /usr/bin/ipmitool  -I open sdr type temp

Temp             | 01h | ns  |  3.1 | Disabled
Temp             | 02h | ns  |  3.2 | Disabled
Temp             | 05h | ns  | 10.1 | Disabled
Temp             | 06h | ns  | 10.2 | Disabled
Ambient Temp     | 08h | ok  |  7.1 | 25 degrees C
CPU Temp Interf  | 76h | ns  |  7.1 | Disabled

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad