De : Carsten Aulbert [mailto:carsten.aulb...@aei.mpg.de]
Envoyé : 7 mai 2009 01:49
À : ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [Ipmitool-devel] Accessing ipmitools over network

Hi

Frank Bulk schrieb:
> I have several HP DL180 G5's that I would like to monitor remotely from a
> NAGIOS server using ipmitools.  While each of the DL180's has a dedicated
> iLO port, rather than wire them up and burn up expensive switch ports, I was
> wondering if there was a way I could somehow using the regular network
> interface and proxy requests to each server's BMC.  Based on the behavior of
> "ipmitools -I lan" option, it looks like it's trying to talk to port 623 on
> the remote server.  Obviously this proxy agent running on the remote server
> would need to be listening to port 623 and pass that packet on to the remote
> server's open or imb IPMI interface.  I've looked at dpcproxy, and that
> appears to be a telnet-based interface to a CLI, not a mechanism I believe
> ipmitools can use.

I'm not sure how the IPMI cards are presented to the system, but can you
query them locally, i.e. ipmitool -I open sdr or ipmitool -I imb and
create nagios plugins locally, that way you don't need to fiddle around
a proxy.

However, all this takes away one major pro of a dedicated port, you will
not be able to query/power cycle the box remotely if the box is down
already.

My advise would be, buy a cheap switch and connect the dedicated ports
to it. A working 48 port switch costs less than $300 and is far less
hassle - provided the boxes are not too far away from each other.

HTH

Carsten