I have a system where the system interface works very slowly (generally
too slowly and the driver times out) when accessing the LAN interface.
It may be that your BMC only allows one connection at a time.

If you start the kernel interface then connect with the LAN interface,
does that work?  Does the kernel interface keep working?

-corey