From: Andy Cress [mailto:andy.cr...@us.kontron.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:03 PM
To: Tristan Pahor; ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ipmitool-devel] ipmitool to HP blade system onboard administrator

TP,

The datasheet for the HP Proliant BL680c says that it supports HP ILO-2 but
does not specifically claim IPMI support.  IIRC, HP ILO uses IPMI under the
covers, but its IPMI LAN interface has some differences.

In this case, we cannot tell if the HP management controller LAN interface is
enabled/configured, but it isn't responding to the most basic
GetChannelAuthCapabilities command.

You'll need to ask an HP person for more information about ILO-2 remote
management tools.

Andy