Al,

As you pointed out 'ok' simply means the sensor itself is operational (a
reading is available and
valid).   It is not an interpretation of the "goodness" of the Sensor
Reading.  This is the way "ok"
should be interpreted in this ipmitool output.   I would agree that it
would be helpful if ipmitool
interpreted the status for discrete sensors to provide more information,
but right not it does not.
If you understand what "ok" means, then there is really no need for
'N/A' as even for non-discrete
sensors "ok" does not mean that the returned Sensor Reading is not above
or below an alarm
threshold.   If you want more detailed  information about the sensor
use, sdr list -c, or sdr list -v.

Thanks for the feedback,
Jim