I'm trying to troubleshoot a Sun Fire X4540, and i need to use the BMC
interface.  The machine has debian jessie OS installed.  I configured
ipmitool-1.8.17 with --enable-intf-bmc:

ipmitool 1.8.17

Interfaces
   lan     : yes
   lanplus : no
   open    : yes
   free    : no
   imb     : yes
*  bmc     : yes*
   usb     : yes
   lipmi   : no
   serial  : yes
   dummy   : no

Extra tools
   ipmievd   : yes
   ipmishell : no

The software compiled with many warnings, but finished.  Now when i try
to query the LAN info:

:~/src/ipmitool-1.8.17$ src/ipmitool -I bmc lan print
Could not open bmc device: No such file or directory

I read that this device has to be created somehow from Solaris files?
Is that possible with debian?  Is the only way to use bmc interface to
install different OS?

Thanks