Black David writes:

> > If it means all the listed types, the sentence should be changed to
> "Implementations SHOULD
> > also be capable of generating ID_IPV6_ADDR, ID_DER_ASN1_DN, and
> ID_DER_ASN1_GN."
>
> Which I think amounts to a SHOULD for certificate support.  Is there a
> good reason to go there?

It is already there :-) See section 4 (Conformance Requirements):

   For an implementation to be called conforming to this specification,
   it MUST be possible to configure it to accept the following:

   o  PKIX Certificates containing and signed by RSA keys of size 1024
      or 2048 bits, where the ID passed is any of ID_KEY_ID, ID_FQDN,
      ID_RFC822_ADDR, or ID_DER_ASN1_DN.

   o  Shared key authentication where the ID passed is any of ID_KEY_ID,
      ID_FQDN, or ID_RFC822_ADDR.

   o  Authentication where the responder is authenticated using PKIX
      Certificates and the initiator is authenticated using shared key
      authentication.

Regards,
Valery Smyslov.