Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ipsecme-10-00: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipsecme/

COMMENT:

There are some typos (s/MIT/MTI) and bits of English that
need to be tidied up.

I have a suggestion about this bit of work:

"IKEv1 using shared secret authentication was partially resistance to
quantum computers. IKEv2 removed this feature to make the protocol
more usable. The working group will add a mode to IKEv2 or otherwise
modify IKEv2 to have similar quantum resistant properties than IKEv1
had."

My suggestion is twofold:

1) - s/will add/will consider adding/

and to add to the end:

2) "In doing this work the WG will consider ongoing work on
quantum-resistance
in the CFRG, and whether it is better to re-instate the same level of
resistance
that was present in IKEv1 or to wait for more recent work (e.g. in CFRG)
mature."

The reason I suggest this is that it's possible the WG might conclude
that
it's better to wait for some newer QR stuff from CFRG. The current
wording
seems to commit the WG to firing ahead anyway, and we might overall be
better if there are fewer QR mechanisms proposed, rather than adding
some
now when it might be better to wait a while longer.