Von: Raja ashok [mailto:raja.as...@huawei.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Juli 2017 16:22
An: draft-mglt-lwig-minimal-...@ietf.org
Cc: l...@ietf.org
Betreff: Suggestions in draft-mglt-lwig-minimal-esp

Hi Daniel & Tobias,

I gone through the lwIG draft for ESP. I am having some doubts and
suggestions which are listed below. Please check and provide your comments.

1)     For replay protection, RFC 4303 suggests to use 32 or 64 bit window.
I feel in this draft, we can recommend to use 32 bit window for replay
protection.

2)     Tunneled ESP msg with fragmented IP header (in ESP payload) may leads
to DoS vulnerability for a constraint receiver. RFC 4303 is suggesting this
fragmentation as optional. So I feel we can mention as fragmentation and
reassembly is not required to support in tunneled IP header. As it can be
handled by the IP header which carries ESP msg. I hope tunneled ESP msg
might be required in some scenarios of constraint devices also.

Regards,

Ashok

  _____

Raja Ashok V K
Huawei Technologies
Bangalore, India
http://www.huawei.com

  _____

本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群
组。禁
止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮
件中
的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by