Thank you.

Quynh.

________________________________
From: mglt.i...@gmail.com <mglt.i...@gmail.com> on behalf of Daniel Migault
<daniel.miga...@ericsson.com>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:22:55 AM
To: Dang, Quynh (Fed)
Cc: ipsec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Preference of ESP over AH in RFC7321bis question.

Hi Dang,

My understanding is that the usage of AH vs ESP is outside the scope of
recommendations mandatory to implement cryptography. It is mostly a usage
concern. In my view AH and ESP are both mandatory to be implemented and
RFC7321bis limits its scope to the crypto recommendations.

Do you refer to the following text in section 3:

"""

 The IPsec community
   generally prefers ESP with NULL encryption over AH.
"""

Yours,

Daniel

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Dang, Quynh (Fed)