If the attacker can enumerate the possible values of the PPK (possibly using
Grover's algorithm), such attacks are already possible.

For example, if the attacker acts as the responder, then he sees the
PPK-influenced AUTH payload, which is a function of the PPK and data which the
attacker knows.  Hence, if the attacker can enumerate the possible PPK values,
he can compute what the AUTH payload would be for each PPK, and thus deduce
which is the correct one.  And, yes, Grover's algorithm can be used for this
search.

Because of this, we recommend that the PPK have a minentropy of 256 bits; this
prevents this attack, and other oracle attacks which you elude to.

> I think that PPK can be handled with seperate configurations as well.
>

> Note also that the use case for this feature is very limited. For access VPNs
> you would have the responder work with or without PPK, and it can just
> respond to non-updated initiators without PPK and to updated initiators with
> PPK. Initiators only need to have one configuration and stick to it. The only
> use case is a set of gateways, for example for site-to-site connections, where
> some gateways are updated and others are not. Due to PPK support signaling
> being in the IKE_INIT packet, the gateway cannot know whether or not it
> should use PPK or not. But in the real world, almost all those kind of
> gateways are on static IPs, and the responding gateway can actually know for
> which configuration the IKE_INIT packet is.

This is often not true in my experience; sometimes, the responding gateway does
not have preexisting configuration for every initiator it might be able to
handle.