> > I understand that the nonces exchanged in IKE_AUX are included through
> > complex function.
> > My concern is about which nonces are included in signature. From my
> > recollection of SIGMA each party must sign (among other things, e.g.
> > his MACed ID) his peer's nonce. I.e., initiator must sign responder's
> > nonce and responder must sign initiator's nonce.
> > With nonces exchanged in IKE_AUX this is not true, each party signs
> > his own nonces sent in IKE_AUX, not peer's ones. So, the initiator
> > still signs responder's nonce received in IKE_SA_INIT but signs only
> > his own nonces that he sent in IKE_AUX exchanges (implicitly, by
> > including AUX_I which is PRF over initiator's IKE_AUX messages). The
same
> for responder.
>
> Hmmmm, reviewing your draft, I see your point.  I had assumed that both
> sides signed a hash of the entire AUX transcript; I now see that both
sides sign
> only what they sent.

Yes, that was inspired by the current IKE authentication scheme,
when initiator includes only his IKE_SA_INIT message into the signature and
separately includes responder's nonce (and of course initiator's MACed ID).
Ditto for responder. Following this logic I added only each party relevant
IKE_AUX messages
(thinking of IKE_AUX as of extended IKE_SA_INIT) into their signatures.
Note, that at that time no additional nonces were exchanged in IKE_AUX.

> Sigma has both sides sign the other side's nonces to avoid potential
replay
> attacks (where the adversary replays a previously recorded signature).
>
> This may be a concern in our case; the first obvious thing to do would be
> modify the AUX draft to have both sides sign everything.
>
> So, we would have (in terms of your draft):
>
> AUX_I = [AUX_PRF_I_1 | AUX_PRF_R_1 [ | AUX_PRF_I_2 | AUX_PRF_R_2 [ ... ] ]
> ]
>
> (and AUX_R could be exactly the same)
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

II believe yes. And I have no problem with this from implementer's point of
view.

Regards,
Valery.