On Tue, 20 Nov 2018, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

COMMENT:

Perhaps it would be helpful to give an example of why

 A client using these configuration payloads will be able to request
  and receive Split DNS configurations using the INTERNAL_DNS_DOMAIN
  and INTERNAL_DNSSEC_TA configuration attributes.  The client device
  can use the internal DNS server(s) for any DNS queries within the
  assigned domains.  DNS queries for other domains SHOULD be sent to
  the regular external DNS server.

DNS queries for other domains might not be sent to the regular external DNS
server? I'm thinking of one, but I'm flat-out guessing.

I think you are right, and we are mixing up INTERNAL_IP4_DNS with
INTERNAL_DNS_DOMAIN.

the idea is that the client can decide to not only use some
authoritative internal servers, but also use some recursive internal
servers. But I think those should be specified in the exiting
INTERNAL_IP4_DNS / INTERNAL_IP6_DNS attributes.

I suggest we change the above to:

  A client using these configuration payloads will be able to request
   and receive Split DNS configurations using the INTERNAL_DNS_DOMAIN
   and INTERNAL_DNSSEC_TA configuration attributes.  The client device
   can use the internal DNS server(s) for any DNS queries within the
   assigned domains.  DNS queries for other domains MAY be sent to
   an internal recursive DNS server specified in an INTERNAL_IP4_DNS
   or INTERNAL_IP6_DNS Configuration Payload but MAY also be resolved
   using the client's regular DNS resolving mechanisms outside of the
   IPsec connection.

Tommy, let me know what you think about this change?

Paul