https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/108/slides/slides-108-ipsecme-proposed-improvements-to-esp-01
    > slide 3.

My attempt to CC Michael Rossbert failed. I was reading off the slides from a
youtube paused.  I hope he is on the ML.

    > I think that a way to negotiate this is as if it was unique cipher.

BTW: I recognize that this might require a new value for each cipher.

As such, it's not a great long term solution, but I would claim that it
probably applies to a few ciphers very specifically at first.

Once the new layout is so popular, then we could persue some other way to do
this.  Probably that means the same Notify() mechanism we use for
TRANSPORT_MODE/etc.
I'm not especially fond of this architecturally, but it certainly works.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [