From: IPsec <ipsec-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Paul Wouters
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:14 AM
To: Robert Moskowitz <rgm-...@htt-consult.com>
Cc: IPsecME WG <ipsec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPsec] diet-esp - How do you know?

On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 9:20 PM Robert Moskowitz
<rgm-...@htt-consult.com<mailto:rgm-...@htt-consult.com>> wrote:
I think there is something else I am missing here.

How does the receiving system 'know' that the packet is a diet-esp packet?

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mglt-ipsecme-ikev2-diet-esp-extension-02

It's negotiated with IKEv2.

I guess the IKE stack has to signal this to the ESP implementation on what to
expect when
the policy is installed ?

Paul