Thanks for the explanation of the half-duplex mode.

Would it be too much to include the following requirements? You seem to
think they are redundant but they are not obvious to me from reading the
text.

Senders MUST encode a BlockLength consistent with the immediately preceding
packet. Specifically, if the immediately preceding packet had a Pad Data
Block, the
BlockLength MUST be zero, as Pad Data Blocks cannot be fragmented. The
BlockLength MUST be consistent with the remaining size implied by the
native length
encoding of the fragmented inner packet.

To account for misbehaving senders, a receiver SHOULD gracefully handle the
case where the BlockLengths of consecutive packets, and/or the inner packet
they
share, do not agree. It MAY drop the inner packet, or one or both of the
outer packets.

Martin