On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I notice this because I log IPv6 connectivity. My wife has no idea this is going on. (Why my ISP offers inconsistent IPv6 service is another question, which their help desk cannot answer.)

Yeah, I have the same experience. Historically I've had my IPv6 down for days before I actually needed it to ssh home to one of my devices. HE solvs most user issues.

Only thing that makes it break is if there is PMTUD blackhole. So better to stop IPv6 (or IPv4) working completely, than to introduce PMTUD blackhole.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se