Hi,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 04:08:45PM +0100, Jeroen Massar via ipv6-wg wrote:
> > People could ask "why not GUA"? The answer is: it is difficult to get yet
> > another /28 GUA from RIR just for the infrastructure.
> > /28 goal has the technical roots by itself. It is the sort of technical
> > solution.
>
> RIR typically give out the space that one really needs.
>
> If you can justify it, you will get it.
>
> If you cannot justify it, you likely do not need it.
>
> As a LIR can get a IPv6 /29 per default (and then likely never have to ask
> again).... I would be very surprised if one is a large entity that one cannot
> receive an extra /28.

If I hear "/28 just for the infrastructure" I'd claim "they are doing
something wrong, in significant ways".

No network is so big that a /32 wouldn't be enough *for the infrastructure*
(4 billion /64 subnets), unless you start encoding stuff into network
prefixes that should not be there.

And no, people should not get /28s for (pure) "network numbers are hard"
reasons.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279