Maybe you could use DHCP option 209?

Martin

On 01/12/16 15:49, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> our project (www.theforeman.org <http://www.theforeman.org>) provides
> functionality to generate bootdisk for individual hosts. These are either
> iPXE or SYSLINUX based. The iPXE version does load the kernel/initramdisk
> directly via HTTP, the SYSLINUX has embedded linux kernel.
>
> Now, we had no UEFI support, until now. I am able to implement SYSLINUX
> bootdisk type (we call it Full host image) with Grub2 and that was pretty
> simple.
>
> I would like to add ipxe.efi into the image and be able to boot it, which is
> also doable either directly, or via chainbooting from Grub2. But the problem
> is, with SYSLINUX we've been able to provide the script via initramdisk (it's
> call embedding in iPXE terms I believe):
>
> default ipxe
> label ipxe
> kernel /ipxe
> initrd /script
>
> This worked fine, but I am unable to do the same with ipxe.efi.
>
> set default=0
> set timeout=1
> menuentry "Chainload iPXE - this does not work" {
>   linuxefi /ipxe.efi
>   initrdefi /script
> }
> menuentry "Chainload iPXE - this loads iPXE but no script" {
>   search --no-floppy --set=root -f /ipxe.efi
>   chainloader /ipxe.efi + 1
> }
>
> Is there a way to embed a script? What I want to avoid is building iPXE from
> scratch (with embedded script), I don't want to make our application complex
> and compiler and tools are not usually available on production installations.
>
> If there is no way of doing that from Grub2, I am fine booting iPXE directly,
> that's just more work when generating the ISO (hybrid) image for me, but
> feasible too.
>
> Tried to post into the user forum, but it did not work (form was submitted
> but no post appeared). Later on, I saw a PostgreSQL error page, so sending to
> the dev list if you don't mind. Thanks for help!
>
> --
> S pozdravem / Best regards
>   Lukas Zapletal

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for
the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message. Unless you are an
addressee (or authorized to receive for an addressee), you may not use, copy or
disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.
The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly prohibited.