On 29/03/18 01:45, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
I have some questions concerning the compilation flags used by iPXE on ARM.

There are a lot of different ARM CPUs available. Why do we set
-mcpu=cortex-a15?

In all honesty, I don't remember. My best guess is that the build options were copied from whatever the EDK2 toolchain happens to use. I'd have to dig out my notebooks to find out for sure.

Couldn't we use something like
-march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat=hard
instead? This is what Debian requires for armhf.

Mark: would this be sensible for AArch32 UEFI?

Thanks,

Michael