From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Patrick Martin
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:39 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club ofAmerica
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 390A wrist

Chuck,

I do outset the passband in ECSS, but generally not as much in the AM
mode.
Is what your saying is, if I don't outset the passband in the AM mode,
in reality I have about 1.2 khz on each side? If that is the case, no
wonder it is tight. In the case of the SPR4 there in no passband tuning
and tuning off the channel a bit, I either lose the signal or the
splatter covers it up. I wish the SPR4 had crystal phasing. It would be
nice. The notch filter helps, but it isn't the same as it was on the
SP-600.
The SPR4 has about 4.0 khz in the wide mode. I think is says 4.8, but
being a Drake it is tighter than the specs in most cases.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager