Guy:

Winrad also supports them, but Winrad's problem is lack of support for AM.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Guy Atkins
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 8:57 PM
To: irca@hard-core-dx.com
Subject: Re: [IRCA] SDR Computer Requirements (was SP 600 /R390)

The SDR-IQ, and the companion SDR-14, work fine on computers that are
"Chevys" by today's standards. You do not need a "super fast computer" to
run them successfully. Here are the minimum and recommended specs:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - MINIMUM
Pentium III at 800 MHz, Pentium 4 or Athlon XP 1600+
Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP
256 MB or RAM
AGP Video Card with 32 MB of RAM
16 bit SB compatible sound card and speakers
CD-ROM drive for software installation

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - RECOMMENDED
Pentium 4 at 2.2 GHz, Athlon XP 2000+
Windows 2000, XP
512 MB of RAM
AGP 14x Video card with 64 MB of RAM
16 bit SB compatible sound card and speakers
USB 1.1 or 2.0 port
CD-ROM drive for software installation

The typical off-the-shelf system sold today easily exceeds these
requirements. My own Flex-Radio SDR-1000 runs well with a Intel Pentium-M
Centrino 1.4 GHz laptop, as well as a AMD Athlon XP 2400+ homebrew
system...definitely not state-of-the-art. I usually have other programs
running at the same time, such as Internet and/or e-mail; Geoclock; various
references in PDF files, anti-virus & firewall utilities, etc.

By the way, what are the other programs which control the SDR-IQ? I know
that RFSpace makes driver files available for developers, but I've not heard
of software other than Spectravue.

Guy Atkins KE7MAV
Puyallup, WA

Message: 7