PLEASE read the [IRCA] mailing list guidelines at
http://www.ircaonline.org/guidelines.htm

> mmm. Didn't know a grant to buy a transmitter and all the trimmings
> was a possibility. Patrick Griffith, do you have any info on this? Bill
> Harms?
I have not seen anything official about this, but variations on emergency
advisory stations seems to be the current fad.  After 9/11 these stations have
been popping up all over.  Locally, Howard Country and Arlington County both
have emergency stations on 1700.  As Russ has noted, there are several in New
Jersey too.  Since they have been popping up since 9/11 it would not surprise
me if there were not a DHS connection.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland