From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Patrick Martin
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 7:39 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club ofAmerica
Subject: Re: [IRCA] More coax experiments

Rick,

Thanks again for the great advice. So most Quad RG6 is not made for
burying. That I did not want to hear! Hardline would work, but very
expensive and stiff as a board to use. Not fun. It has been years since
I delt with any hardline.
I wonder if they make Quad RG6 you can bury? I know some RG6 is not made
for burying, but the stuff I bought is listed for burying. I have ribbon
cable running from my old 8.5 foot dish that has been buried in the
ground not for 22 years and still works fine. It is tough as nails. A
very hard jacket. I remember back in 1985, the stuff ran about $1 a
foot! I don't know how shielded that is, but the two RG6 cables as
tough. If I used that stuff, it would probably last a lifetime for MW
use, but stiff and hard to bend. As I remember the shield was pretty
decent, but it has been years since I looked at it. But it still works
well up above 12 GHZ.
  Yes, the cheapie RG6 I have is the rolled foil, not glued. It just
unrolls easily. The braid isn't all that good either. If I replace the
cable, my problems will probably be cut down a lot. But again, will it
make much difference with the reception on the beverage.? Of course with
a test, I could always hook up a 100 foot piece and run it out and
switch back and forth and see what difference it really makes.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager