From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of saulamdx
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 8:38 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Amdx] Questions re 506 kHz, experimental stations

I've heard Wayland MA WE2XGR/1 506 KHz the past few
nights with a killer signal. I have actually copied
several similar stations on 506, including one with
the same calls but /6. I have also had a few
variations outside those parameters.

* What are these stations, and is there a
comprehensive list of who's who? (It's awfully hard
for a morse code neophyte like me to copy the code
when there are multiple stations on the same frequency
with very close to the same ID. They often overlap,
causing the ears at this end to emit their own code,
of sorts).

* I had one set of the same calls with /6 prceded by
CQ, which I take to be a common ham term for 'calling'
... but there was what I believe was a 'z' in between.

* I also had HHH preceding yet another unID set of
calls.

Any info on any of this is greatly apreciated.

Saul
Burnt River ON

files! Register first.