Forwarded on behalf of Paul Walker:

We are "halfway" down with repairs. We've made it up to 500 Watts. In
repairing stuff today, we found a part in the back of the transmitter had
burn/blownout in a previous incident and we can't go to a full 1000 Watts
with the part like it is.

That being said, we are at 500 Watts and will do a test from 12:01 AM to
1:30AM Eastern Tonight (Well, really Friday February 8th.. but you get the
idea...)

PLEASE pass this along to other members, lists and websites.

I WILL QSL/Verify anyone who hears this impromptu test. NO E-QSL Service and
NO mp3s/digital audio files will be accepted by email. ALL Requests MUST be
sent by regular mail with a self addressed stamped envelope. I will accept
CD's or cassette tapes. If using a cassette. PLEASE DO NOT send me the
entire hour with the tape at the very beginning.. cue it up to where I need
to listen.  If sending a CD, please indicate with a short note attached to
the CD what tracks I should be looking for and listening to.

NO PHONE CALLS at all during the test. As soon as it's over, I'm going to
bed.

I PROMISE another Full Power Test a little later in the year with plenty
more notice for everyone.

My contact mailing address for QSL's is below.

That being said, we'll probably do another "impromptu" test Monday or
Tuesday or next week when we try and get this clunker of an RCA BTA1-M
transmitter up to a full 1000 Watts.

Regards,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
Operations Manager/Program Director/Assistant Sales
Director/Secretary/Assistant Engineer/Cleaning Person/Toilet Fixer
Upper/Lawn Mower/Dog Walker
Cool Country 1590 WABV
75 Highway 28 South
Abbeville, South Carolina 29620-5521