When our power was out from Sunday to Wednesday after our huge storm in
December, I did have the R8 hooked up to a 12 volt battery, and I ran
the radio off and on during those several days, so mine was not off
power all that long. But when I went to Rancho Mirage in 2000, I shut
off the circuit breaker to the R8 for 4 months and yet, when we returned
and I kicked the power onto the R8, it worked perfectly.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager