I heard about what Walt did today and gotta call it low average/lackluster or similar. What action there was fell below 1100, save for 5 of the regulars up top. There was a bit of interest, though, during the very pronounced burst right at dawn:

666: Had Mayak RR//576 loud briefly before it fell back into a fur ball with the JJ and a CC thrown in. It was a real UN meeting for a while. The Mayak is listed at Komsomolsk near the Amur River and a somewhat rare visitor here.

675: V of Vietnam was doing well in the middle part of the morning but was fighting with a Chinese at dawn.

783: I rarely hear audio here but I've had Hebei Province, China here in the past. This morning it was Korean, I'm almost certain and there is a 10 kW KBS1 listed here.

864: Had the OC here again, though somewhat diminished this AM.

Walt, did I understand you to say that the Koreans seemed diminished this year to you??? I feel the opposite. I seem to have Koreans all over the dial... little beyond KBS in South Korea, but a slew of those and more North Koreans around than I've ever noticed before. For me, there are two black clouds... one sitting on top of most everything above 1100 on the dial and the other perched squarely over Japan. Did I misunderstand what you meant about the Koreans being down???

That's about it from here on a stunningly beautiful Sunday morning (the kind that we don't tell the tourists about.)

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops