At 05:48 PM 10/18/2009 -0700, you wrote:
Nick had reported hearing NHK2 s/off at 1500 in late September.

I subsequently found the NHK2 schedule on their website, and confirmed that they are now signing off every night at 1500. That's good news as the season progresses, since it will make 693 747 774 828 873 and others a bit clearer for other stuff. I'm not sure how long this has been the case.

Bruce

Walter Salmaniw wrote:
John, the NHK2 sure were signing off last weekend when I was in Masset.
Right at 15:00 with there local IDs and prolonged s/off procedure.  Not sure
what's happened since.  Do you think they've had their clocks moved back for
DST yet, or do they even do that in Japan?  .......Walt

I guess that I better give a listen in the morning... I guarantee they did not sign-off this AM.... maybe they went back to 24/7 again??? Gosh, I hope not.

Walter, I remember your mention of the odd program on 531..... Maybe its some sort of special program that regional stations can run when they wish. Weird! I think I'll make my motto: "Gee, I sure wish that it had been Dushanbe!"