Hi Everyone:

Ten days ago I placed an order for a Perseus receiver. Not a sudden decision by
any means as I had been thinking of getting one for almost a year. The sudden
death of my old Dell computer was the catalyst I needed. It was approaching
it's 9th birthday, well past it's best before date and not worth repairing so a
replacement suitable for driving a SDR was found. The Perseus arrived here last
Friday and I've spent the past two evenings learning something about it. All I
can say so far is "Wow!" this machine is incredible. Yesterday evening I could
see many TA's across the whole band, admittedly most of them were just
carriers, but to actually see them is beyond belief. Even on the longwave
beacons I could actually read the Morse code IDs being transmitted on the
screen. Yet months ago when I first read about this waterfall display in the
users manual I thought "I will never use that" and now I'm thinking I will use
it all the time. It's gonna take a while before I learn everyt!
 hing it can do, but it's gonna be a fun time.

Mike in St Isidore, AB