I was at the dial from 1450 until I quit for breakfast at 1525, with things still going fairly well. LSR=1505 or so.

It was a very good late season opening with 50 or 60 in some form of audio, from bottom of the band to the top. Most were the usuial suspects at greater or lesser strength than recently. However there were a few things of special interest:

585: There were two stations o/u One was NHK1, the other, I think, was the VOR transmitter at Belogorsk, running RR.
594: I think that I had than "new" Korean running with NHK1
675: A generic CC was o/u VofV
720:  CNR2 again
810: The Russian, again
918: The echo was so pronounced and lagged so far, that I though there were two stations there for a few minutes.

I'm still watching 1548 like a hawk and I'm picking up a het on channel and an even stronger one that is 50 cycles or so to the downside of 1548.

I think that I'll give the Europeans a serious try tonight, despite my granite filter.

John B.