As you and Chuck both suggested, it was probably IRIB Radio Iran. I mis-read the WRTH. It peaked at about 0220 with definite audio and then dropped like a stone 5 minutes later and has not come back at all... So, the het was there from 0044 and the audio peaked at 0220. That may have been sunrise at the tx... it sure sounded like it. No 1548 yet.... gonna take a good signal to get around 1550 and my wrong way antenna.

John B.