It was a fair to poor late season morning here, with the only thing seriously in audio above 1100 kHz. being 1575 (more later). Below that, about half the channels having at least some audio, a few times at decent level. The JJs Guns were all there, most at poor levels, strong audio at least briefly on 531, 594, 639, 738, 819, 828, 918, 945 and 1017: a gen-u-wine eclectic mix.

1575 was quite interesting. I had the dominant VOA Thailand in Burmese or something before 1500. I was also hearing Farda at times beneath (// internet) At 1500, there were two sets of pips of somewhat different character, off time by about a third of a second. There was no VOA ID on Thailand at 1500 and it began a news program in EE, with a bit of music... it was focused on Pres. Obama's trip to Asia and relations/activities between the USA and various governments in East Asia. It announced, in EE as "Radio Saranrom, 1575 kilohertz.") It was an interesting program that I listened to most of the time from 1500 until 1530. At 1530, they began a program in (maybe) Korean. What fun. I don't know if this is a regular 30 minutes of EE news or a special program due to the Obama trip. In any case, it and the Farda occasionally beneath it, enlivened an otherwise dull late season morning!

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array + Superloops