A sad piece of news. I felt a bit connected to Harry over the years as we were
both high school members of NRC in the 60's - he in Fort Mill SC and me a
recent Chicago transplant to Atlanta. Later on, Harry's technical writing led
him into areas related to what I do for a living so I occasionally kept up with
him.

But what I admired most about Harry was how he wrote about his ordeals in an
emotionally open way, but still remaining very calm. He refused to hide
anything or fall prey to any of the dishonesties that are often easier to say.
He also managed to convey his feelings about his disease in a way that made me
respect his strength and never feel he was feeling too sorry for himself
althugh he had a right to feel that way.

I will remember Harry and wish he was still here.

Chuck