Nick Hall-Patch wrote:
At 01:58 11/24/2009, you wrote:
c...@islandnet.com wrote:
0918 UTC - 1125 - Russian speaker of all things...nothing listed in 2009 WRTH
Colin, I suspect that this is simply NHK2 with Russian lessons.  I have heard
them very early, but don't remember the exact time, but that's who I think it
should be.
"  "  "  - 1134 - Japanese - Tokyo I assume, 1143 a mess, 1152 in lang...

0920 UTC - 1152 - Spanish... not kidding... no mistaking. Russia FS?
Perhaps Filipino?  I know that I've sometimes been fooled.

Actually, I think the latter is NHK2, Walt....PAL lists NHK2 with SS nx
0915-0930 UT, and I've just checked a recording I made of 774 kHz at that time,
and yes, SS news.   The RR lessons are listed  at 0730-0745, so that remains
mysterious.  Seems odd you're not hearing Vanuatu on 1125, as they're listed in
PAL with 10kw as of July 2009, but I didn't hear them either when working
offshore from Hawaii.

best wishes,

Nick

There you go.  I have noted that the languages I've heard from NHK2 don't
correlate well with what PAL lists, at least with some of the previous versions
of PAL.  Right, no luck with a lot of the Pacific Islands this time.  I'm going
to try to go after the Marshalls tonight, and perhaps Kiribati as
well.......Walt