A Japanese DX friend of mine has heard at 0700 UTC a station on 1600 kHz in
Spanish and asked for help. I've listened to his short recording and can hear
"??? Radio continua ahora". It doesn't sound like "ESPN" but it's really too
weak to be sure.

Not being a domestic DXer at all, I am not sure but suspect Fresno is a good
candidate. What other possibilities are there, considering that from Japan it
is very difficult to receive the east coast and midwest? If anyone cares to
listen to the recording with the hope of recognizing a station they hear
frequently, let me know and I'll email the clip.

Chuck