Rick -

I liked your explanation except for the part below. Considering the choke
impedance to be part of a voltage divider along with the ground resistance, you
surely need a choke with at least several thousand Ohms of impedance. With a
poor ground connection (sandy soil), you can need even more. I won't bore
everyone with the explanation.

Bottom line: I don't think you can ever get even close to that with the
over-the-cable chokes. I can recommend only the chokes made with mini-coax and
high permeability (at least 2000) material.

Chuck

> From: k...@charter.net
> To: irca@hard-core-dx.com
> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:20:37 -0400
> Subject: Re: [IRCA] Cable connectors
>

> Mark,
>  (CLIP)
 Too little added impedance and the effects