More fun tbis morning pos-sunrise. lapeer MI 1230, then 810 Tomahawk WI, both new. The latter has been on my most-wanted list, been chasing that awhile. Both WI stations on 910 are relogs. When MI was huge I was looking for WGTO Cassoplis MI which is on my hit-list. Nabbed the 1620 HAR from north of Chicago again, albeit very briefly.

I am wondering if the good cx to the west this trip reflect the temporary BOG I laid out on the ice facing west. It seems every time I do this, I do well to the west. Last year it was a beaut session to BC/AB. This year every time I have laid a wire on the ice I've done well in that relative direction. Ironically, I have done less than stellar in the opposite direction (east) - and given that the antenna is unterminated I am a bit puzzled (though happy to evade the east, which is generally what my unterminated wires through the woods have yielded for me, so the change is welcome). Is it possible my radio (at the east end of the wire) acts as a partial terminator?

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON