> It does have about 10db attenuation in the MW band. However, the 10db
> preamp also works there. I found it to be pretty decent on MW in SSB.
> The sole AM bandwidth is around 9kHz, and lacking in rejection and
> slopes. The front end was decent as well.
>
> Chris VE6IY

Actually -- the DX-R8T that I have
has a narrow filter in the AM position
so it appears that there is some "evolution"
underway.

To be honest, I think, out of the gate,
I wanted not to like the Alinco radio --
but after 2 days it is growing on me.

Is kind of a poignant moment in time with
DX listening (particularly on SW) will all
the cut backs and the endless migration from
SW to the internet.

That said, there is lots going on.

Colin in Canada - VA7WWV