I haven't left feedback yet or complained to seller. They said great condition.
Case slightly discolored on top like slightly different shades of black, back
has a few scratches, so cosmetics fair or possibly good.

How likely is the low sensitivity being caused by 1 to all capacitors being
bad? Bad transistor  or other single part?
Might it be alignment? Could just excess dust cause it? SYNC had low vol til I
hit mode buttons few times.

I'd guess the sensitivity might be 1,000uv on MW & 10,000uv on LW, just doing a
by ear comparison using the SW2 with the Quantum QX Pro amplified loop, & the
Tecsun PL-660 being used with the unamplified Q-stick plus. The Tecsun has
1,000uv mW sensitivity @ 26db S/N I think & 5,000uv on LW. I only so far tested
SW by putting my finger on a screw terminal & hearing WWV weakly.

What should I tell the seller? When Drake was still repairing I think they
charged something like $300 to replace all the capacitors in an R8. Now they
were bought out so maybe no service from them There doesn't seem to be any
problem with audio quality or volume. This is a fairly rare receiver but think
there's a good one on eBay now, maybe nearing $400? Is has a wide AM, narrow
LSB/USB with or without SYNC. SSB is in 50Hz steps, radio has 100Hz readout.

I paid $135 for it. The repair cost would be unknown, assuming a competent
repairer could be found. I really wouldn't want to put over $150-$200 at most
for repairs into it. I don't know what it's worth as is, or the chances of
finding a buyer who could repair it. Any thoughts? 73, George S., MN