This is from a friend who grew up in McMinnville,

>>What a difference a couple of decades makes. I remember when KMCM was
a real cash cow for it's owners. I used to hang out there as a kid and
visit with the DJs. I'm surprised that during it's hey day in the 60s
and 70s the then owners never added an FM to the mix. That might have
saved it today.   It started out operating from 6 am to 6 pm with a
wavier from a station in Idaho that allowed it to stay on until 10:00 pm
on Tuesdays and Fridays so they could broadcast the local high school
football and basketball games. Ownership changed in the mid 60s and they
started broadcasting til midnight every night.  If the then state of the
art equipment that was being used has not been updated over the years,
it must be pretty bad today. Oh well, another childhood memory bites the
dust.<<

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin