Bruce, as a long time Perseus user, yes, there are a number of 3rd party
scheduling softwares.  We've asked Nico, the developer for years for a
native scheduler, without any success.  The various 3rd party schedulers
I've tried were never 100% reliable, until a very simple one called Mestor,
which is the only one I now use.  Downside is, that you can't run Perseus
while it's on.........73, Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC