** U S A. 940, Dec 16 I start listening about 0652 UT, trying to stay awake,
and revive at 0708 when some very slow Morse code is barely audible, best with
LSB tuning on the DX-398. It stops before I can copy much, but I think an M, an
A and an O. As in LIMA OHIO. It would actually have been easier to copy a bit
faster vs the QRM. Continue straining to hear anything from the scheduled WCIT
Lima OH DX test, but the pileup is barely surpassed mostly by WMIX in IL, with
0710 YL song, 0712 ID ``WMIX, a service of --- Broadcasting``, `SCICTT` [Santa
Claus Is Coming To Town]. Ending at 0713, some sweep tones: who but WCIT would
send those? Keep listening until quit at 0725, but no more from WCIT, just Xmas
music, probably more from WMIX; 0715 Jingle Bells, 0716 ad, 0718 `Merry
Christmas from Nicole``, 0720 weather by YL. Despite this sparse info, I`m
quite certain I was getting WCIT, and should match with what others heard. It`s
250 watts directional only,
 NW-SE, which makes it an even better catch here to the WSW. There`s no
avoiding WMIX from here, very close to the same azimuth. City-to-city distance
Lima-Enid is 802 statute miles = 1291 km. I`m now reporting this to
m...@cmgroup.co and would appreciate QSL. BTW, I also publicized the test on
WORLD OF RADIO 1699 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)