Thanks Sylvain. Yes it was after 03:15UTC and I did think of Benin, but didn't think it was likely as it would have been around local sunrise in Iran, plus I've logged Iran on several other frequencies. The audio was very poor so I couldn't ID the language or programming. But who knows?

Mike in St Isidore AB

Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] coastal TAs...

If it was after 3:15 UTC, that was most likely Benin, especially at this
time of the year.

I never heard Iran on 1566 as far I can remember.

Sylvain Naud
Portneuf, QC.

Le 2014-08-25 12:13, Mike Stonebridge a écrit :
Never checked until late because of earlier arrangements, but TAs were in here too. Many frequencies showed faint carriers. Poor audio on 1215 and 1566 only. 1215 was probably the UK, but I don't know who was on 1566 as I have never logged a TA here, but could have been Iran.

Mike in St Isidore, AB