--- Begin Message ---
Hello All,

Well, once again my morning results were the direct opposite of Nigel's-- I had
some marginal Asian TP reception on the low band, but no trace of DU
propagation :-)

At my 1230 UTC start time a couple of NHK die-hards (594-JOAK and 693-JOAB)
were the only Asians with audio, and the Korean big guns on 972, 1053 and 1566
weren't even managing a carrier (highly unusual here). 594-JOAK actually
sounded pretty healthy around 1309 with the first trace of daylight, but
693-JOAB was only at a fair level, having a rough time with 690-Vancouver
splatter. The Japanese trend continued with 747-JOIB and 828-JOBB coming out of
the noise to reach poor levels around 1315, along with ghostly deep-voiced male
speech on 603 (presumed HLSA) around 1320. After yesterday's stellar
performance by 972-HLCA the complete lack of any Korean propagation on 972 or
1053 sounded pretty bizarre, and with the exception of a persistent 594-JOAK
the Japanese die-hards were quick to bail around 1330. Overall the session was
fairly lackluster because of the poor solar conditions, although JOAK did
manage fair to good signals for almost an hour (1230-1330).

594  JOAK   Tokyo, Japan   Good-level Japanese male speech at 1309; best Asian
signal of the morning

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/adw8o2by2hzb5wn/594-JOAK-1309z091314PL380.MP3

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick Tecsun PL-380 Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna

--- End Message ---