Just to update my reply, around lunchtime today I checked this out on the
car radio for 15 minutes.  Did not hear anything at all on 1250 (KHIL  is
about 215 miles away, 10 kW ND), but had steady decent audio for "Comedy
1260" KBSZ out of Apache Junction in the same direction (~100 miles away,
4.5 kW ND).  As Paul noted, that station now blocks KHIL from trying again
to move to 1260.