I'm looking for a new set of headphones to replace older ones that have fallen
apart. My older ones cost around $100 a few years ago and were
noise-cancelling. Not the most comfortable on the ears, but tolerable. Checking
at The Source, Canada's version of Radio Shack, I was I was shocked at the
plethora of headphones available, and the price - all over $300 (with noise
cancellation).
At that price I can live without noise cancellation! But I am floored by the
sheer variety available at The Source, and also at big-box chains like Best Buy
and Future Shop.
Anyone have any favourites for DXing? I'm looking to spend $150 or less -
optimally $50-$100 - and am looking primarily for comfort. Some pairs I've
tried squish the ears. Noise cancellation would be a plus. There are times when
I don't want outside distractions.
Any recommendations?
Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON