Their DX test on Jan. 28, 1990 got out exceptionally well.  I had a cassette
recording of that test that was at nearly armchair level.  They played "Dixie"
as part of that broadcast, and WAGL's 50,000 watts were enough to cause
splatter on 1550 and 1570 at my QTH in southwest Iowa.  With WBSC-1550 having
been gone for a while now, there's two legendary top-of-the-dial voices in the
Palmetto State that are now just memories.

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska EN21AF
Http://www.dxworld.com/bcblog.html