--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without
much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page34

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal
antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as
specified

** MEXICO. XEMU is definitely gone for good. So gone that the entire purpose of
that odd update was to remove XEMU! I've never seen anything like it from the
IFT (Raymie Humbert, AZ, May 28, WTFDA Forum via DXLD)

** MEXICO. UNIDENTIFIED. 580, June 1 at 0616 UT, Mexican music under much
stronger WIBW Topeka talk; can`t really null either, like the case with XEMU
opposite in Piedras Negras, Coahuila, but which has been reported migrated to
FM-only. Still trying to get an ID on this. If not still XEMU, the other
Mexican closest to the same direxion beyond there is XEAV Guadalajara.
Chihuahua or Sonora might be more likely but off the DF (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 580, June 2 at 0520, I am trying again to ID the Mexican music
station mixing with, and mostly way under WIBW Topeka KS with `Coast to Coast`.
If WIBW is nulled, so is the competition. But occasionally the XE fades up when
the KS fades down to a SAH, such as at 0524, seeming live DJ with birthday
music dedication, but no local references caught. (In Spanish, instead of
nacerdía, they say cumpleaños, literally ``completing years``.) Finally at 0550
another fadeup clinches it: ``La Rancherita del Aire`` ID in passing, which is
XEMU, Piedras Negras, Coahuila, 5/2.5 kW --- so contrary to Raymie`s
suggestion, it is not yet quitting AM for only FM 103.7, tho likely to be its
eventual fate (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1776, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 930, June 1 at 0454 I start monitoring this frequency intensively,
as WKY OKC has been off the air since at least early afternoon. I have
previously been able to log several stations despite it by tight nulling (and
it was on slightly reduced power for a while), but now that`s not necessary. At
first I am mainly getting a weak but steady signal with Spanish music and
wonder if that could be WKY on much reduced power as its initial comeback? But
this música is romántica, far from the lively stuff WKY normally plays and
loops about SSW, not SSE. No, it`s México, as 0459 segué with no ID to choral
national anthem. Likewise no ID right after it, just ``son las 12 con 2
minutos`` and back to romx. Some QRM like NW/SE in English, which would be
another good catch.

Finally 0507 canned full (?) ID so over-produced that I can`t understand it! It
includes beeping if not code SFX. At 0523 recheck, this signal has faded out
leaving a weak mix of US stations. 0537 fades in again with XE music; I doze
along and at 0602 finally catch a partial ID as ``---- Radio, 90.3 FM``, so
that means it`s one of my two main suspects listed: XEQS, Fresnillo, Zacatecas,
which on FM is XHQS 90.3, ``Romance en Radio, Romántica`` per IRCA Mexican Log
(rather than closer XESHT Saltillo, Coahuila, with FM on 102.5). XEQS is 10/3
kW, three sources agree; city-to-city distance 1548 km = 962 statute miles
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1776, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---