--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during DST; when
changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period
to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as
specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives
without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page35

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of
USA, unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in
frequency order

** U S A. 1270, June 23 at 0137 UT, talk show in English, what`s this? Phone
800-522-1235, immediately cut to Univisión América ID in Spanish and PSAs in
Spanish for US Army from Ad Council, et al. Good steady signal, loops SSE/NNW,
so obviously 50/5 kW U4 KFLC Fort Worth TX. I didn`t realize UA axually had
shows in English, which resumes at 0141 UT; callers from various states refer
to host as Fernando but he has no accent and opines that racists naturally
favor Republican candidates; calls out Ted Cruz.

At 0144 UT signal suddenly drops, but still audible sufficiently; 0145 UT drops
off completely, ceding 1270 to Spanish music no doubt from KTUZ Tulsa/Claremore
OK. Not so much as an adiós. But I can still hear KFLC at peaks by nulling KTUZ
at quite a different angle.

0145 UT is indeed the official sunset for June and July, when KFLC decimates
its power and adds two towers for a total of six to make the rather tight night
pattern, east-west; while day pattern is broader with major lobe east, minor
west (but plenty to the NNW, evidently). Community of license is Benbrook,
which is on the southwest edge of Fort Worth at the junxion of I-20 and Loop
820; why?

Facility 34298 I distinctly remember as originally KFJZ, but since at least
1986 it`s been other-called, starting with KESS, and since 2004y it`s been KFLC
(but owned by Kess-AM License Corp.). KFJZ calls now apply to the Vietnamese
[Radio-locator thinx it`s S Asian] on 870, different licensee. KFJZ was also an
early independent TV station, channel 11. I used to see a ghostly Dr Gene Scott
on it after midnite (long before he became a ghost). Radio-locator shows the
1270 transmitter site is really east of downtown FW, and the address is in
Dallas. Truly a Metroplex station!

As for this show in English, the UAR website
http://univisionamerica.univision.com/programacion/
shows at 18-22 UT weekdays: FERNANDO ESPUELAS SHOW: ``El presentador Fernando
Espuelas, exitosa celebridad de vanguardia en medios de difusión, hace que los
radioescuchas participen en este programa de dos horas con debates que hacen
reflexionar y perspectivas culturales sobre asuntos pertinentes y sucesos de la
actualidad, inspirando a sus oyentes a mejorar activamente su aporte a la
sociedad``

So is this a playback, or does he have a separate show really in Spanish? Blurb
says it`s two hours, but no next show listed until 4 hours later, `Locura
Deportiva` starting at 22 UT! And nothing after that. Quite incomplete (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1280, June 18 at 1331 UT, no signal from KSOK Arkansas City KS,
semi-local C&W station. Maybe I`ll finally hear Poteau OK? Not today. Still off
at 1750 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1280, June 19 around 1830-1930 UT chex, KSOK Ark City KS remains off
the air. BTW, I notice that some log editors don`t like to publish non-logs,
but I think this info is just as significant if not more so than when a station
*is* on and routinely loggable.

Of course nothing on their website
http://www.ksokradio.com/pages/12241070.php?
about an outage, where 1280 (since 1947y) appears to be a mere appendage to
their FM 95.9, tho separately programmed. I hunt thru their Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/KSOKRadio
and find this after mostly commercial and event promotion:

``KSOK Radio Yesterday at 7:48am · [1248 UT June 18] Folks, we are working to
get 1280AM back up and running! We'll Keep you posted! Like · Comment Booker T.
Jennings III, Jenny Clark and Samantha McDonald like this``  (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1280, KSOK Arkansas City KS, is still off the air, afternoon of June
20 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1280, June 25 at 1248 UT, KSOK, Ark City KS is back on the air, ad
for an arborist in its Cowley County, Davis Tree Service, 316 area code. Might
have been back the day before when I was tied up with Mexican FMDX; had been
off since at least June 18 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA [non]. 1520, June 21 at 1209 UT, rock music making slow SAH with KOKC
OKC during local talk show, which we know has to be CRI via KYND Cypress TX on
25 kW daytimer power (or only 18 kW Critical Hours, I suppose). Pattern is
tangent eastward, to protect the other 1520 Texan at Stockdale (where KQQB has
applied to dekuple power to 25 kW itself), but no such protexion for Juan,
KFXZ, Lafayette LA; and there ought to be a notch toward OKC too. Soon
announcement in English accent recognizable as CRI. It`s starting to fade down
almost an hour after sunrise here, 1114 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, June 23 at 0555 UT, plugging a church event in Pine Bluff, i.e.
perpetually cheating 2.5 kW daytimer KVDW, England AR, and dominating rather
than BS from WCKY. No doubt God Told Them To Do It, for His Greater Glory;
screw FCC regs (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1600, June 25 at 1251 UT, some Vietnamese is about to fade out, i.e.
skywave from KRVA The Metroplex TX, a sesquihour after sunrise; only other
remnant is Spanish on 1440, KTNO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---